Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why I Deserve an Award. 4 miles.

I really didn't think I was going to get a chance to go to they gym last night. Nate was looking over essays with some Harvard Grad friends and then at 7 was going to do church stuff and then I thought back to working on essays. I was in my jammies, laying on the couch, watching wife swap waiting for Lost to come on, eating a whole bag of sour patch kids, when Nate walked in at 8:30pm and asked if I was going to the gym. I really really didn't want to, but I got off the couch changed and to the gym in no time! I was so proud of myself. It would have been so easy not to go.

Luckily, I had charged to ipod and put a couple new songs on it to distract me. I happen to land on the same treadmill in the backrow in front of the TV too. Score. So the run itself wasn't so bad.

There isn't one workout that I do that I don't think about the upcoming marathon at some point in time. Last night I had chapped lips and as a consequence started to think about whether or not I would have space to carry chapstick with me during the race. I started to think that if I didn't have any and my lips were chapped, I would start yelling out to the crowd,"Does anyone have some chapstick? I need some REAL BAD!" Then someone would find some and hand it to me. Then I would tell them, "Thank you so much, I'd kiss you, but my lips are chapped................and I'm married!"

Yes folks, I really dream up stuff like this while I'm running on the treadmill!

P.S. For some reason the spellcheck will not work! Do not judge me on my lack of spelling capabilities!

No comments: