Wednesday, May 27, 2009

20 Miler:Done! Hallelujah!!!

This was an interesting run for me. I ran it in 3 hours 20 minutes and some change. Basically I ran it with an average of 10 minute miles. I would be thrilled if I could run the marathon with a 10 minute mile pace. Here's the kicker. At the end, I was so so so done with running. I gave this run all I had. I might as well been running a race. When I ran my 20 miler last year for Salt Lake, I felt amazing when I was done, like I could have run another 6 miles to finish(actually five since my 20 miler turned into a 21 miler). But with this run, OH NO, no way could I have gone another 6. Basically, it didn't do much for my confidence. On the bright side, my knees held up fairly well, just some IT band pain in my hip. My plantar faciitis wasn't too bad on the run either. And I did the run and finished. I figured out how to put my watch on a mode that would tell me my splits for each mile. Too fun. I listed them below.

Running with Brother in Law Tom
Four Miles up the Canyon to Bridal Veil Falls
Mile
1. 10:23
2. 10:27
3. 10:40
4. 10:46
Four miles down the canyon
5. 10:03
6. 9:49 Took a gel pack
7. 10:04
8. 9:46
Said goodbye to Tom, Hello to the bathroom
Running by myself to meet my cousin
9. 9:31
10. 9:21
11. 9:27
12. 9:33- Took another gel pack
13. 9:28
Running with cousin Shelby
14. 9:46
15. 9:55
16. 10:14
17. 10:04- Took my final gel pack(didn't seem to help:>)
18. 10:20
19. 10:34
20. 10:26


A special thanks to Tom and Shelby for being great sports and joining me for parts of my run! It totally helps! When Shelby and I went into the grocery store after this run for some Gatorade, a nice worker told us we looked like we need cold drinks and to go to isle 13. HA!

P.S. I have been sick all week and have not run since the 20 miler. That does nothing for my confidence.

P.S.S. I am turning 30 tomorrow and that does nothing for my confidence either. I keep trying to tell myself I am 30, flirty, and thriving. :) We'll see if having a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) helps.

2 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Happy BIRTHDAY pretty girl!! Congrats on your 20 miler. I am guessing it was the sickness that zapped you and it has nothing to do with your training. You WILL make it and be GREAT!! thought about you on my 18 miler my thought was "Why did Ang do this more than once?" I am totally sticking to 1/2's and 5K's when I am DONE with my Marathon..

Jill said...

Great job Ang! You are such an inspiration to me. I ran 13.5 on Saturday and was totally tired and thought...not sure if I will make it to a full marathon...half marathons might be it for me. Can't wait to hear how June 13th goes. Always love reading your full, detailed reports. Wish you were here so we could run together. I run an average of a 10 minute mile...thats good for me.