Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Spandex is Happiness

Somebody had this sign on their garage during the SLC Marathon last year. I couldn't help but use it as my title today because I wore my capri spandex to the gym. I had no other choice. And I decided on my way over there that I was just going to own it. I didn't care who saw me running in all my spandex glory. But let me tell you, spandex really is happiness! I love all my running tights. I do usually wear a running skirt over them to cover my buns! I have never had enough guts to wear the skirts to the gym though.

Anyway, I had a great run. I ran six miles while watching American Idol/Lost recap shows. I had the treadmill on 6.0 again and ran the last mile a little faster. I love doing that.

P.S. Wouldn't you know it that a tiny little girl in her running tights got onto the treadmill next to me. Whatever, I didn't even care.

1 comment:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Embrace the spandex...I am sure you look great. Comfort far outweighs any other feeling. Good work!!

Mel