Monday, March 10, 2008

16 miles WooooHoooooo!

I ran out on the orting trail for this run. It was so great. I started out with my friend Carla, (Debbie is still injured and I'm getting worried our running days together are over. Poor Debbie), and we ran together for 7.5 miles. We parked her car out at the orting park which was 7 miles from where we started. She wanted to run 8 miles, so that why at 7.5 she turned around and went back to her car. It was nice to run with her. I was dreading running back by myself, but I actually enjoyed it. It was a perfect day for running too! I took gel packs at mile 4.8, 9.8, and 14. I hit a wall at about mile 12 and then put my playlist back to the beginning, because that's where my favorites are, and it really helped. I also used my visualization technique for when I'm tired. I basically imagine myself bursting off the tired outside layer of myself. I actually close my eyes for a second and open them with a burst and say, "poof." I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but it really works. I felt way better and then took a gel pack at mile 14 and boy that really helped too. The first two I took were with no caffeine, because it negatively affects my intestines, and I waited to use the caffeinated one until the end. It works like a miracle. I'm telling you I think my fastest mile was my last mile! The running group that Lindsay belongs to was running on the same trail and they were there at the finish. The head guy saw me a few times along the trail and when just about finished he gave my a little encouragement. I liked that.
As far as my body is concerned, I was really happy. My back did WAY better than I had expected, and I just had the usually aches that go along with running. I was sore the next day, but hey, what else is to be expected? So I'm happy and feeling more confident at this point!!

2 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hooray for you!! I have been anxious to hear how you are doing. I am so relieved to hear you are doing well. What a great 16 miler! You are so on track for a great marathon. I love your mental games. I need to learn some of those. :-)
Thanks for your encouragement on my running. You are a great cheerleader! :-)

Anonymous said...

視訊做愛視訊美女無碼A片情色影劇kyo成人動漫tt1069同志交友網ut同志交友網微風成人論壇6k聊天室日本 avdvd 介紹免費觀賞UT視訊美女交友............................